Lessons at the Horse Sense Riding School are designed for
We never teach more than 2 students at a time,
Lessons include grooming, tacking and untacking the horse
Standard Lesson Programms
- Semi-Private Lessons: $40 per student, 75 minute session
- Private Lessons: $50, per student,60 minute session
- On the Ground Horsemanship (Training, Ground Work, Showmanship): $40 for 45 minute session
- Lessons in the Standard Lesson Program are available for ages 7 and up.
- Please contact our staff to learn more about special programming for children ages 4-6.
- We try to accommodate riders of all backgrounds, ages and sizes
- The general rule for rider weight limits are that the horse should carry no more than 20% of its' body weight therefore,
we do have a rider weight limit of 260 lbs.
- We encourage horse lovers of all sizes to participate in our "On the Ground Horsemanship classes".
- Low Income Family Discounts: This discount applies to children in low income families only.
- Families making less than $50,000 gross annual income receive a $10 discount.
- Families making less than $35,000 gross annual income receive a $20 discount.
- Military Discount: $10 per student
- OHSU Employees and LifeBalance Program Discounts: 50% off first lesson, $5 off each additional lesson.
- We offer a limited number of work exchange opportunities.
- The work exchange programs gives riders the opportunity to work in our facility in order to reduce their lesson fees to as little as $20 per session.
Riders can earn a $10 credit for each hour that they work with a maximum credit of $20 per lesson for semi-private sessions or
$30 per lesson for private sessions.
- *Please note, must be 18 or older for work exchange
Simple Lesson Scheduling.
- Now, you can schedule a lesson and pay for it by clicking the 'Book Now!' button.
You will be routed to an external online booking service where you will select your lesson slot, and pay for your lesson online. It's that easy!